Use the same tools in a team
We all love our tools. And many of us think that we use the BEST tools and that our tools are more effective and better than the tools our co-workers are using. But, when you work in a team, the team often is way more effective if everybody uses:
- Exactly the same tool chain
- E.g. exactly the same version of the same IDE, etc.
- Exactly the same code conventions and code style
- Exactly the same process of contributing code
- E.g. cleanup the code using the team's code conventions and styling before checking code in.
After a while, collaboration of team members will automatically improve.