Network Security Tools
This concise, high-end guide shows experienced administrators how to customize and extend popular open source security tools such as Nikto, Ettercap, and Nessus. It also addresses port scanners, packet injectors, network sniffers, and web assessment tools. Network Security Tools is the one resource you want at your side when locking down your network.
- Part I: Modifying and Hacking Security Tools
- Chapter 1: Writing Plug-ins for Nessus
- Chapter 2: Developing Dissectors and Plug-ins for the Ettercap Network Sniffer
- Chapter 3: Extending Hydra and Nmap
- Chapter 4: Writing Plug-ins for the Nikto Vulnerability Scanner
- Chapter 5: Writing Modules for the Metasploit Framework
- Chapter 6: Extending Code Analysis to the Webroot
- Part II: Modifying and Hacking Security Tools
Justin Clarke; Nitesh Dhanjani
Copyright © 2005 O'Reilly Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
Printed in the United States of America.
Published by O'Reilly Media, Inc., 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472.
O'Reilly books may be purchased for educational, business, or sales promotional use. Online editions are also available for most titles (http://safari.oreilly.com). For more information, contact our corporate/institutional sales department: (800) 998-9938 or email@example.com.
Nutshell Handbook, the Nutshell Handbook logo, and the O'Reilly logo are registered trademarks of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Network Security Tools, the image of the trapeze artist, and related trade dress are trademarks of O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Many of the designations used by manufacturers and sellers to distinguish their products are claimed as trademarks. Where those designations appear in this book, and O'Reilly Media, Inc. was aware of a trademark claim, the designations have been printed in caps or initial caps.
While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this book, the publisher and authors assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.