Beautiful Trade: Rethinking Ecommerce Security
This project is based on my original contribution to Beautiful Security. In Beautiful Trade: Rethinking Ecommerce Security, I laid out a design for card not present security and the prevention of credit card theft for online merchants and service providers.
I would like to open up this proposed design to the larger community via the commons wiki. The goal of the project is to design an electronic payment system that:
* Is secure by design, without reliance on additional controls outside the payment system * Does not require major additions to current systems of payment processors or merchants * Does not require major additions to clients or mass deployments of new software or hardware * Is easy for consumers to use
Please take the time to carefully read through this design and make modifications, where appropriate, to improve upon the security and usability of online payment applications.
- Part 1: Deconstructing Commerce
- Analyzing the Security Context
- Part 2: Weak Amelioration Attempts
- 3-D Secure
- Secure Electronic Transaction
- Single Use and Multiple-Use Virtual Cards
- Broken Incentives
- Part 3: Ecommerce Redone
- The New Model